We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirndess and call it love.
~Dr. Seuss

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Playing Catch Up- August 2013 Northview Pool

While Cole was gone, we did anything and everything to pass the time.  We were able to go to a pool near our home one day.  It wasn't the most successful swimming trip of my life, and let's just say I won't be taking my kids swimming by myself for a VERY LONG TIME.  At least they were wearing life jackets (1 point for mom).  Brett, being the quick little devil he is, took off in a matter of seconds to the big slide he had been eying the whole time we were there.  Me being the calm and rational mother I am..... FLIPPED out because I couldn't find him.  I know it was just a matter of a couple of minutes, before I spotted him...but it felt like HOURS.  I was just sure I was going to have to tell Cole I lost our son.  When I found him, he had been trying to convince the life guard he was big enough to go down the "big slide."  I got a few grays hairs during this episode and lost a few years on my life.  I suppose it all ended ok, but I'm now even more paranoid than I was before (GREAT!!!)  



No comments: