We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirndess and call it love.
~Dr. Seuss

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Winans family reunion Thanksgiving 2013

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this year in September.  As a part of the celebration, we all went to my parents house for Thanksgiving.  We had a great time!  As you will see from the pictures!  We had a little Christmas celebration, birthday celebration, Thanksgiving feast AND family pictures.  A lot packed into 3 days!  

Waiting NOT so patiently for Aunt Kaysha and Uncle Kaelan to arrive


Decorating the tree!  Grandpa Tex put the star on top to avoid any sadness from little minions as they ALL wanted to do it :)

Decorating gingerbread men (compliments of Uncle Daniel)

Our early morning Christmas party!  My mom made each of our families Christmas quilts and gave us a set of the Christmas books we used to read when we were kids.  I'm not gonna lie, I had a REALLY hard time putting my quilt away when Christmas was over!  Can't wait to use it again!!!!

Each year we draw names in the summer.  Everyone's name goes in the pot and each family member is charged with picking a gift for one other person.  The kid's names are coveted, we got lucky and got both Sage and Eden this year...wooowhooo!

So my parents had this brilliant plan to buy nerf guns for EVERYONE.  We had the BEST time having a nerf war.  We all participated...14 guns in all.  Darts are CRAZY (e.g., Uncle Kaelan caught a dart in the mouth..my mom is STILL finding darts 4 months later)...

 One of the best pictures I have EVER taken :)

Playing it safe with some hot pink safety glasses

Cole's safety glasses (while equally as cool), were somewhat ineffective...hehehe
 

As part of our Thanksgiving feast, our sweet niece Eden suggested we go around and say what we are Thankful for.  I was Thankful to not be in vet-school anymore :)  Who is surprised???  Brett was asleep for most of the dinner (he just played too hard).  He finally woke up, and came to sit on my Dad's lap at the table.  We asked him what he was Thankful for...he brought up his sweet little boy figure...and without saying a word, he pointed to his Grandma Pigs (that's what my kids call my mom Peggy...what a lucky lady).  Let's just say he made my mom's day (perhaps year or even life).    Late in the week at a restaurant, he made Cole switch seats with him so he could sit next to "Grandma Pigs."  He kept telling my mom "Bend down here for a minute so I can give you a smooch!" He knows where his bread is buttered...that's for sure.
Anyways....we have a lot to be Thankful for!  

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
 
 










No comments: