We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirndess and call it love.
~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013

Let it be known... I LOVE ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS.  I love the whole month of December.  I may or may not get a little carried away with everything at times.  I can't help it.  It makes it WAY worse when you have kids.  Here are some of our Christmas Traditions:
  • Reading Christmas books at night before bed by the light of the Christmas tree, now with the use of our new Christmas blanket compliments of Grandma Pigs :)
  • Watching Christmas clips and church videos online ALL MONTH long.  We really love the Piano Guys "Oh Come Emmanuel" and the Christmas Coat
  • wearing out our Nat King-Cole Christmas CD
  • New k-state Christmas jammies every year 
  • Reading the Christmas story out of Luke on Christmas eve
  • Ordering pizza and driving around in our jammies on Christmas eve to look at lights until the kids fall asleep
  • Visiting Santa.  Brett was so excited this year that he ran and jumped on Santa's lap.  Santa was quite feeble looking this year, so we were a bit worried Brett was gonna break his leg.  Allison even commented about how much "older" Santa looked this year...hehehe  After visiting Santa, Brett yelled out "Love you!" and later informed us, "I don't know what Santa will bring me, but I'll be grateful for what I get.
  • Drawing names with extended family :)  
  • Navajo tacos for Christmas dinner, and butterscotch rolls for Christmas breakfast
  • Watching Christmas movies ALL month.  I think our favorite is Arther Christmas.  If you haven't seen it...watch it :) 
  • Santa always leaves some kind of note for Brett and Allison.  This year he cut out snowflakes and tied them to their door with a little hand written note.  

Anywho....this year the kiddos woke up around 4 ish...the problem with that is we live in a townhouse complex with SUPER thin walls.  Kind of a bummer on Christmas morning when you have to whisper your excitement.  We unwrapped presents and fell back asleep...hahaha :)  We were blessed to have the missionaries in our home for dinner that day.  Over all, it was wonderful...as Christmas ALWAYS is :)

 Christmas Eve in the new jams :)



And people wonder why family pictures for the Wenzels are few and far between


 Now this picture is a real gem.  I don't know what I'd do without the one in the middle.  Let's just say he's made my life far more interesting that I could have ever imagined.  Throw in his two minions, and my life is complete :)

Christmas morning



Christmas isn't complete without a princess make-over performed by your 5 year old daughter...good old Santa bringing Allison real make-up...someone is gonna have to have a chat with him :)

*please note my super tired-post Christmas morning look :)



No comments: