We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirndess and call it love.
~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Allison turns 5 ~ December 6th 2013

Where does the time go?  I can't believe my little girl is already 5!  We love her so much.  She is full of energy and life :)  Here are some fun 5-year old facts about Allison:

  • She LOVES anything to do with art...painting, coloring, drawing...crafts etc...
  • She is learning to read, and is quite good at it
  • She is SUPER helpful and mindful of things that need to be done around the house (she is always quick to remember to make her bed...and sometimes mine)
  • She frequently feels the need to have the last word :)  (I'm going to blame her cute dad for this one)
  • She is the president of my personal fan club.  Even if I'm gone for only a little bit, I'm greeted at the door by two sweet little ones that treat me like it's the first time they've seen me in years!  
  • She is so giving,  she loves to write notes and "make" things for people
  • She still has an imaginary friend named "Birdle."  We are secretly hoping Birdle disappears SOON...maybe by kindergarten?
  • She is counting down the months until kindergarten
  • She is SUPER picky about the clothes and she HATES having her hair done.  She does LOVE having her nails painted!
  • She still loves Disney Princesses (thank goodness, I'm not ready for that to go away yet...because that would be a sure sign she is growing up :)
  • She refers to me as "My cute little mom," Brett as "Bubbee" and Cole as "Geeks."  I guess she too has the nicknaming gene
  • She frequently talks in what we now refer to as her "squeaky voice."  Her laugh is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.
  • She is a bit bossy (I'll blame that on her cute mom).  I frequently hear her telling Brett what to say and do as they play in their room.  Fortunately he is usually easy going :)
Happy Birthday Allison!!!!!





She LOVES Huhot in the mall.  That is where she picked to eat for her birthday.







No comments: