We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirndess and call it love.
~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Snow Day

It snowed, and it snowed A LOT.  It snowed so much that our church leaders only held sacrament meeting for those who felt safe/comfortable driving in the snow.  Well, lets just say our New Mexico selves shined through...and we stayed home.  Not to mention that it was also Brett's actual b-day (what a way to spend a birthday).  The kids were shocked (and let's face it...completely over-joyed) that we didn't have to go to church!  

Here are my children (sometimes I think there are 3) getting ready to go play :)

Fun Fact:  Allison makes this EXACT same face in pictures :)  Some things really MUST be genetic

Okay...so I'm sure some of you reading this are wondering, "What the heck is on Cole's head?"  Cole served his mission in Toronto, Canada (which is apparently extremely cold), so his brother sent him this AMAZING hat.  Let me tell you, this hat has come in extremely handy.  I used to wear it when I would go feed with Cole at the horse farm in the wee morning hours when we lived in Las Cruces.  Cole wore it when he worked cows in - 4 degree weather here in good-old Kansas.  If anyone knows me well you know I love to clean things out, get rid of crap, and rejuvenate my space.  This stoopid hat as made EVERY SINGLE CUT.  We will probably NEVER get rid of it.  We had lovingly named it the "Vladamir Hat."  
Vladamir and his crew so sad that they can't go to church :)

We couldn't forget Tink :)  

She LOVEs the snow.  Brett and I were a little grumpy because of how the snow burned when it touched our skin.  Not this little New Mexican baby.  She would have stayed outside until she was a complete Popsicle if I would have let her.

No comments: